Sacramento Bird Control
When it comes to Sacramento bird control services, you can always rely on us here at Millennium Termite & Pest. We have years of experience handling bird infestation throughout Sacramento and the Central Valley for years, and we always come highly recommended by our many satisfied customers. Contact us to schedule a bird inspection today!
When you think about the several different types of dangerous and property damaging pests in the area, chances are that you don’t think of birds. Unfortunately, birds, while usually quite pleasant, can cause thousands of dollars in property damage and carry harmful diseases.
Because birds are often dangerous, we offer several Sacramento bird removal and prevention solutions. Before we get into how we can prevent and remove birds from your property, we should first discuss the different species you’re likely to encounter. We’ll also go over the types of threats commonly associated with those said species. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Common Pest Birds in Sacramento California
Here is a list of the common species of pest birds in the Sacramento and Central Valley areas of California. For convenience, we also included the specific threats associated with each species of bird.
- Pigeons: Pigeons like to live in groups that cause literal tons of pigeon droppings to accumulate wherever found. Additionally, pigeons carry more than 60 different diseases that are dangerous to humans. Some of those diseases include E. coli, St. Louis encephalitis, Salmonellae, and Candidiasis.
- Woodpeckers: While woodpeckers aren't known to transmit any diseases to humans, they do, however, cause extensive property damage. One single woodpecker can peck over 12,000 times a day! That's a lot of drilling little holes all over your gorgeous wood siding!
- Swallows: Just like woodpeckers, swallows aren't known to carry many serious diseases. However, they do like to make mud nests on buildings that are quite difficult to remove. In other words, swallows can cause pretty severe property damage if left untreated.
- Seagulls: While not super common in Sacramento, seagulls do occasionally make their way inland from the Delta. Nearly ninety percent of seagulls carry a strain of Enterococcus, which causes antibiotic-resistant severe infections (My Pest Management Professional).
Our Expert Sacramento Bird Removal Services
Okay, now that you have a general idea of the types of dangers that a bird infestation can present, leet’s talk about our expert Sacramento bird removal services. While it’s not always possible to remove the birds themselves, our Sacramento bird exterminators are experts at exclusion, perch modification, and behavior modification techniques. With a combination of those techniques tailor-fit to your specific situation, we’re confident in our abilities to eradicate any bird problem you may find yourself facing. So, if you’re dealing with any bird problem, then please don’t hesitate to contact our team of bird exterminators in Sacramento. We’re always standing by to help.
How Bird Prevention in Sacramento Works
After we’ve removed your initial infestation, our experts in bird prevention in Sacramento will recommend a set of techniques to help keep them from coming back. Generally, our experts utilize several different bird deterrents, including:
- Sound Devices: These devices emit sounds of predatory birds to help deter prey birds from returning to their nesting location.
- Perch Spikes and Nets: Perch spikes and nets are pretty much exactly what they sound like: spikes and nets placed on common perch locations. These devices deter birds from landing and nesting wherever present.
- Visual Impairment Devices: Birds tend to avoid flashing bright lights and predatory animals. So, using things like owl statues and flashing lights/shiny objects can go a long way towards preventing bird infestations.
Through a combination of those techniques, we’re confident that we can prevent almost any resurgence of bird infestations in Sacramento.
Contact Our Sacramento Bird Exterminators Today!
So, now that you know all about the different pest species of birds in the area and what types of removal and prevention techniques we use why not give us here at Millennium Termite & Pest a call? We’re the go-to Sacramento bird control company, and we’re always standing by to provide you with a helping hand! Contact us today!