Sacramento Flea Control
Our Sacramento flea control experts are well-aware that fleas are some of the most obnoxious pests on the planet. They carry disease, their bites itch like crazy, and they are tough to get rid of. Additionally, fleas have such a well-evolved life cycle that they can survive even the most effective pesticides. Combine that information with the fact that fleas once carried the Bubonic Plague, which wiped out over 25% of the population of Europe, and you’ve got one nasty little insect.
Luckily, here at Millennium Termite & Pest, we are experts when it comes to Sacramento flea removal and control. If you have a flea infestation, then please don’t hesitate to contact our team of professional Sacramento flea exterminators. Remember, with fleas, the sooner you get a handle on your infestation, the less likely you’ll see a resurgent outbreak down the line!
Do You Need Our Sacramento Flea Exterminators?
Generally, if you have fleas, you’ll know it. Some of the signs of a Sacramento flea infestation include:
- Visible fleas - You’ll likely notice that fleas concentrate around pet beds, in your carpet, or underneath furniture (like your couch). So, when looking for a flea problem, check those areas first.
- Small, itchy bites around your feet and ankles
- Pets that constantly scratch themselves
Unfortunately, by the time you notice adult fleas, it’s too late, and an infestation has already begun. What’s more, flea infestations are notoriously difficult to get rid of. If you have an infestation, then don’t hesitate to contact our Sacramento flea removal company immediately.
What Makes Flea Control in Sacramento So Difficult?
Fleas are highly-evolved parasitic insects. They reproduce quickly, and they are incredibly well-protected from insecticides during their early life stages. In fact, their well-evolved life-cycle is precisely why it is so difficult to get rid of a flea infestation. That life-cycle is as follows:
While some pesticides work well at killing eggs, larval fleas, and adult fleas, there isn’t a pesticide on earth (that you’d want anywhere near you or your pets, or your family, that is) that can kill fleas during their pupal life stage.
How Does Sacramento Flea Removal and Control Work?
Because of how difficult it is to kill Sacramento fleas during their pupal stage, flea control in Sacramento is often a multi-step operation. Let’s break it down:
- Vacuum Everywhere: If you have fleas, then you should vacuum everywhere at least once a day. The vacuum is, by far, your most effective weapon in the Sacramento flea removal arsenal. In fact, vacuuming is the only way to help get rid of fleas in their pupal life stage!
- We Apply Insecticide: Once you’ve vacuumed and our pest control professionals arrive, we’ll apply insecticide throughout your entire residence. During this time, you’ll need to get your pets and family out of the house for a few hours (our chemical is toxic during application). We’ll apply insecticide everywhere, so also make sure to seal and put away all foodstuffs and pet bowls.
- Vacuum Everywhere, Again: That’s right, a short few hours after our pest control professionals apply chemical, you’ll need to vacuum again. You should vacuum your home every single day (at least once) for two weeks after we apply insecticide.
- We Apply Insecticide, Again: Yup, that’s right. Even though we’ve already applied a round of insecticide, we’ll need to apply another round of chemical two weeks after the first. Why, you ask? Since the flea life cycle is approximately two weeks long, that gives the pupal fleas time to hatch. Once they hatch, they’re vulnerable to insecticide again.
You may have to repeat the process several times over several months to truly eradicate your flea infestation. Luckily, and for precisely this reason, we offer ongoing pest control services.
Sometimes, even repeating the process mentioned above isn’t enough to get rid of a flea problem. When that happens, we’ll often recommend “tenting” your residence to apply more effective (and harmful) chemicals.
Contact Our Sacramento Flee Removal Company Today
Here at Millennium Termite & Pest, we pride ourselves on being the go-to company for all your Sacramento flea control needs. From removal to prevention, we have you covered! So, what are you waiting for? Contact our Sacramento flea exterminators today! Remember, the faster you get a handle on your flea problem, the easier it’ll be to get rid of it for good!